Thursday, January 5, 2012

Third Time is a Charm

Third time is a charm or at least that is what I am telling myself.

I have started and stopped writing a blog two times prior to this. For whatever reason, I had a hard time keeping up with the writing. Maybe I thought what I was writing wasn't interesting enough or I could not come up with enough topics or it was trying to devote enough time to writing. The more I got to thinking about it I realized that I wanted to have a place to document the daily happenings in my life. I make to-do lists for just about everything but I end up throwing those away or losing them. This would more of a concrete way to keep up with those lists - the books I've read of want to read in 2012, the recipes I've been wanting to try, etc. I also want to post pictures and write about places I've visited, the decorating process of my new apartment, and the little moments throughout my week.

I've seen people do the project based on taking a picture everyday for a year. I don't know if I will be able to do that but I want to try. I got a late start but I figured my first post would be a few of the pictures I've taken so far.

Mindy Kalings new book is my first read of 2012. I got this for a gift and I love it so far.

The chicken piccata from Cooking Light was good. I don't claim to be a great cook but I do love to try new things and love flipping through cookbooks. I made notes and will definitely try this again (my saucepan isn't the best & some of the orzo got burnt on the bottom. Note to self - get new pan.)

I'm dog-sitting one of my favorite dogs this week. I look forward to anytime she gets to stay.


No comments:

Post a Comment