Friday, January 6, 2012

Blessed

Last night we celebrated my Dad's retirement with friends, family, and many of his co-workers. It was a great night and I know my Dad was overfilled with emotions celebrating with so many people. He worked for the same company for 30 years but I think he is excited to start this new chapter. My mom retired from teaching 4 years ago (which is hard to believe) and I know they are both ready to spend more time together doing things they enjoy.

One of my Dad's fraternity brothers who was also a groomsmen in their wedding brought down one of the ate they wore before my parents got married. I don't know the complete backstory but another groomsmen had extra hats leftover from something and decided to get them personalized for the wedding. I had seen them in pictures but never in person and now I get to keep one.

I am looking forward to a low-key weekend. I have a couple of recipes I want to try but I am also excited for plans with friends and watching the Wild Card Saturday football game. Who Dey!

No comments:

Post a Comment